Monday, September 15, 2008

Coney Island Fashion Moments

At the Miss Coney Island Pageant Bunny Love had the cutest purse and some cute shoes, too, which it turns out that she and Bambi the Mermaid, her BFF, both bought without consulting each other. Since they often deliberately dress to match each other, they were pleased with the coincidence.

september2008 240

september2008 241


On the train on the way back, I saw something.

september2008 248


It turns out this rubber hen is the purse of Heather Holiday, the youngest female sword swallower in the world.

september2008 252


She showed me a note a guy on the train slipped her a few days before.

september2008 250


Although she wouldn't tell me where she got the purse, I found one, and I'll carry it, but not to Coney Island. Heather owns all the rubber chicken purse territory there.



When using photos or text you found in this blog, please credit the following:

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of the New York School of Burlesque, for her Burlesque Scrapbook. Failure to credit properly will mark you forever in my eyes as shady and dishonorable.

1 comment:

Madame Nom de Plume said...

This is hilarious!! On both counts I wish that I owned a rubber hen purse and that a random man on the train would slip me a note like that, with writing of none English descent too- oooo the drama!
What happened next??!
XX