Thursday, July 17, 2008

Burlesque at the Dickinson Gallery

Last night there was a lovefest and a festschrift for our dear friend Mickey at the amazing Dickinson Gallery. My very close friend Whitney and her husband Joe, who are directly responsible for so much of my inspiration in life, not to mention my survival, invited me and a few other performers to take part in the celebration.



First I had a lovely cabride. When I was a real estate agent I would ride up First Avenue in a bus to show apartments on the Upper East Side. I miss the money, yes, but more than that I miss that lovely morning ride! So I indulged.



Cabride





Then I had a lovely scallop appetizer with Joe and our friends.





Our Beloved Joe




The performers got dressed in the archive room.




Gal and Whitney




Bunny Love was a walking photo album of Mickey.





Bunny Love as a Walking Scrapbook





By the end of the night most of the photos had come off. The photo on her left nipple is Joe's painting of me. In this photo with Bunny, I'm wearing a g-string and cape that used to belong to Liz Renay.



Bunny Love and Me




Whitney wore the insane mermaid tail that Garo Sparo made for her. Incidentally, my interview with Garo is in this month's print edition of Alarm Magazine.



Camera Chimping





The tail has an "assgina." You can put your hand in. I did.




Whitney's Superhot Assgina





Darling Hugo and lovable Tigger had a drink together and bonded a bit.





Hugo and Tigger





Somehow I ended up with no photos of Mickey in my possession.





And then I rode home to the Slipper Room in a cab with Bunny and Tigger.



My life is pretty good some days (in spite of, or maybe because of, the lack of real estate commissions), but it's definitely not THIS good every day!



When using photos or text you found in this blog, please credit the following:

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of the New York School of Burlesque, for her Burlesque Scrapbook. Failure to credit properly will mark you forever in my eyes as shady and dishonorable.

No comments: