Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Society of Illustrators and Bunny Love's Little Food Show

Did I have a night off? No I did not.


Pinkie Special and I performed at a hula event at the Society of Illustrators, where Pinkie models on occasion. It was fun and I even got to teach some of the partiers a few Polynesian moves. And it was incredible because yet again I found myself surrounded by spectacular original art. If you haven't seen this place and you are even the tiniest bit of an art lover, for god's sake, go! It's worth it for the Michael Dolas pictures alone, as well as the tiles in the library. It's killing me to not be able to post all the pix I took for myself. Here's one tip of the mind-boggling iceberg:
july2008 1014



I'm posting this pic of myself entering the SOI so you can see what I also wore to walk home at the end of the night, after going from the SOI to the Slipper Room. I was on First Avenue and 4th St in this outfit, which includes a huge rhinestone flower and gigantic drag eyelashes, and a guy in his early twenties showed off his wit to his friends by asking me how much. Pitiful attempt at wit, right? ANYBODY knows a hooker wouldn't wear drag lashes, fool!

july2008 971

Here's Pinkie with an image of Josephine Baker:
july2008 1037


I can't show the amazing amazing art in detail, which totally tortures me because I want you to see it so you'll go see MORE of it, but I thought it might be ok to post an invitation and an ad.

Check this out--I love the "Black Tie. Stag Only."
july2008 974

I love this Nash ad because I used to actually own a 1959 Nash Metropolitan.
july2008 978

This was my Nash, back in the 80s when I was a groupie:
1959 Nash Metropolitan



Then I went to the Slipper Room and performed my revolting Snack Cracker act in Bunny Love's food show, which was a blast. Here, Bunny Love makes a cream pie out of her face:
july2008 1091




When using photos or text you found in this blog, please credit the following:

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of the New York School of Burlesque, for her Burlesque Scrapbook. Failure to credit properly will mark you forever in my eyes as shady and dishonorable.

No comments: