Sunday, July 20, 2008

I'm Making a Google Map!


View Larger Map



Map of New York Burlesque



Just what I needed, another project!



Send me a link to your burlesque show, wherever you are, and I'll add it. If I've already added your venue, send a short description of your show and a url and I'll add it to that venue's description. Email me at schoolofburlesque@gmail.com.



If you know of a spot that's relevant to the history of Burlesque, let me know and I'll add that too. Because of the format, a very short description and a link to info is best. That doesn't mean I necessarily want a link of every place that ever had a burlesque show for a night, but you get the idea. Like, the address of the club where Gypsy Rose Lee first stripped--that's burlesque history. I'm only doing this for my personal entertainment which is dependent on what I find interesting, so I don't guarantee I'll use every link I'm sent. But my intentions are good.



When using photos or text you found in this blog, please credit the following:

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of the New York School of Burlesque, for her Burlesque Scrapbook. Failure to credit properly will mark you forever in my eyes as shady and dishonorable.

No comments: