Friday, August 1, 2008

Me in the New York Press

Swing House!

Jo Boobs and More at Public Assembly Party



This was a great party. Larissa Fuchs, who produces Swing House, is working with my friend Robert Prichard, with whom I used to co-produce Surf Burlesque at the Bowery Poetry Club (and who played Slug in The Toxic Avenger), to create a new venue in Long Island City that promises to be one of the Next Big Things. I can't wait!



I had a great time at the show, but I was a little lonely, having the whole backstage to myself most of the time. I took some sort of creepy pictures.


Backstage at Swing House
Backstage at Swing House
Backstage at Swing House



I like the color choices this camera makes. Although I'm actually somewhat proficient with a camera, and learned to shoot using a K-1000 and slide film while photographing live bands at Masquerade, I'm crazy about this little point and shoot.


Flashback: Masquerade was also the first place I performed regularly with fire, as an honorary member of the Impotent Sea Snakes.



From which era, of course, I have no freakin photos of myself.




When using photos or text you found in this blog, please credit the following:

Posted by Jo Weldon, Headmistress of the New York School of Burlesque, for her Burlesque Scrapbook. Failure to credit properly will mark you forever in my eyes as shady and dishonorable.

1 comment:

Mia D'Avanza said...

jo, these pics did come out great. they're a bit creepy in the best way. i always enjoy seeing your photography in your various blogs.